The Bellefontaine Neighbor Police Department's multi-year strategic plan is a written statement reflecting a department-wide commitment to community-policing and a plan that matches operational needs to available resources and expertise. This written statement serves as the transparent vision and direction of policing to aid in decision-making processes that play an intricate role with the City government and the community in general. The community is a full partner in the mechanisms used to control and mitigate crime and social disorder problems and police operations with the public. Therefore, this plan provides your police department with a framework from which we can make sound decisions and prepare our budget accordingly. The plan will act as a blueprint enabling us to meet the challenges of today, tomorrow, and the foreseeable future.
Our strategic plan has one overarching guiding principle statement:
Increase public safety and security through continuous improvement, partnerships, and community driven interests.
This principle is the foundation on which all of our strategic goals are based upon:
1. Law Enforcement Professional Standards Certification Strategy
2. Employee Centricity Strategy
3. Recruiting, Hiring, and Diversity Strategy
4. Community Oriented Problem Solving Strategy
5. Emergency Preparedness and Response Strategy
6. Communications Strategy
7. Programs, Services, and Marketing Strategy
8. Motorist Education and Incident Management Strategy
9. Technology Innovation Strategy
10. Financial Management Strategy
A copy of the plan can be found here for public review.