Job Title: Evidence Manager/Support Coordinator
Division: Bureau of Special Operations, Administrative Services
Supervisor: Bureau of Special Operations Commander
Classification: Full-Time - Hourly / Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $39,106.38 - $45,819.36 (D.O.Q.)
Evidence Manager/Support Coordinator – Bureau of Special Operations, Administrative Services.
1. Purpose. Assigned to the Bureau of Special Operations (BSO) and serves as the administrator of the Property Room. This position receives all incoming property/evidence, fully documents it, stores it systematically, preserves its condition, maintains it securely, to lawfully release or dispose of it, and maintains a complete chain of custody of the entire process that is sufficiently accurate and complete to satisfy any court requirements. This person also performs a variety of duties relating to multiple law enforcement records applications, maintaining orders of protection, records packing, and relative Department training management. Reports to the Major assigned as the BSO Bureau Commander.
2. Essential Functions and Responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or General Education Diploma equivalent. Several years of office experience. General understanding of law enforcement records and municipal court process. Familiarity with office equipment and file management, as well as excellent computer, organizational, and customer service skills. Must maintain a complete working knowledge of the function and operation of the telephone system, records management principals, practices and methods. Knowledge of city, state and federal laws, codes and regulations governing police records management retention and property and evidence management. Must possess a strong work ethic with strong attention to detail with effective communications skills. Must be able to successfully complete a criminal background check. Must obtain and maintain law enforcement application training and certification as required by position within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
Preferred Experience and Certifications:
Experience with and applicable certifications for Computer Aided Report Entry (CARE) records management system, Regional Justice Information Service (REJIS) and Missouri Uniform Law Enforcement System (MULES) databases, File-On-Q property and evidence management system, and general property and evidence management, such as training provided by the International Association of Property and Evidence, preferred.
• Completed application with all requested attachments (DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE.)
• Interview with police department staff.
• Satisfactory completion of a criminal background investigation.
• Interview with Chief of Police and the Mayor.
• Employment drug screening.
All full-time City employees serve a twelve (12) month probation period from the date of hire.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary with no previous experience is $39,106.38 and may be adjusted depending on qualifications. Salary is accompanied by an employee fringe benefit package, which includes health and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation, a defined pension plan and a defined contribution 457 plan.
Contact information and availability:
Completed applications, to include a cover letter and résumé, can be submitted in-person, mailed, emailed, or faxed. The job solicitation will remain posted until the position is filled. Please read and follow the submission instructions included with the application. Send all correspondence to:
Bellefontaine Neighbors Police Department
Attn: Angie Wojtkowski
9641 Bellefontaine Road
Bellefontaine Neighbors, MO 63137-1818
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Phone: (314) 867-0080, ext. 250